Motion Control and Motor Drives

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem Connecting Third Party Driver to UMI-7772

Hi All,

I am having a few problems in connecting my third-party servo-driver (Higen FDA-5020) to UMI-7772, PXI-7350 and PXI-8106. My problem is stated below:

1. During trial (i.e. before my programing), is the switches of Fault, Enable and Limit LED on UMI-7772 needs to be Active High or Active Low?

2. When I try to communicate from MAX by enabling the Axis 1, the "Disable" LED on axis 1 light up RED. Is this means that Axis 1 is "Enable" as red mean "NOT" and red disable mean "NOT-DISABLE"?

3.  When I try to interact with my driver via MAX (the interactive option in MAX), the "Motion Function Execution Status" stated "Successful (No Error)" but the servo-motor is standing still. During the execution, Axis Status are showing red light on "Both limit switches are active" and "Home switch is active". Is there any effect on the interaction I am trying to do?

4. How can I control the Digital I/O in MAX? Or I can only control it through LV? and How can I control via LV? Will LV sense the Digital I/O itself?

Detail of my motor and driver:

Motor: LF 20

Driver: FDA-5020

Attachments are the connection pin for driver and UMI and servo motor and driver manual. 

Thanks for your answer. 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(3,637 Views)