Motion Control and Motor Drives

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pressure impulse control using LV 8.0

I am a new user trying to set up a pressure impulse system using LV 8.0.  I have a NI PCI 6251 and SC2345 connected to a proportional directional valve on a hydraulic system. I would like to define and control an impulse curve with LV.  I have been able to produce a "dumb" impulse curve by creating a voltage curve and sending it directly to the valve.  I would like more control using feedback from a pressure transducer and the solenoid position sensor on the prop. dir. valve.

I haven't had any success getting the example PID VI's to work.  Is there another way to go about this or should I keep trying with the examples?  I know there was a PID Toolkit v6.0 that will work with LV8.0, is this available anymore?  Any other suggestions for this?

Thank you,

Stu

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,293 Views)

Hi Stu,

I'd reccomend checking out the example from the NI Example Finder found in Help»Find Examples then select Hardware Input and Output»DAQmx»Control»General»PID Control-Signal Source.vi.  It sounds like this may be what you are looking for.  Good Luck!

Regards,

Dustin D

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,265 Views)

Hi Dustin,

This example only includes proportional gain, is anything available with the integral and derivative gains?  Would this be available with the PID toolkit for this version of Labview?

When I try running this example I run into Error-89130, asking me to reset the device.  I have reset and reinstalled the PCI card successfully and still get this error.  In other VI's I can send and receive data through the same channels with no problem.  Any other ideas for troubleshooting this?

Thank you,

Stu

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,260 Views)

Stu,

ThePID toolkit would include all of these functions.  You can download the evaluation copy here.

As for your error, have you tried using a different PCI slot in you PC?  Also, do you know which VI the error is coming from?

Regards,
Dustin D

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,243 Views)