Motion Control and Motor Drives

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pausing onboard execution with bits 13/14/15 of MCS register

Jochen, many thanks for your quick response. I don't know how to respond to you other than to post a new query.

I am using the 7344 board to control a single axis to follow a profile and simultaneously sample 4 analog inputs and the encoder position.

Running a program on the host machine and using "flex_read_pos_rtn" and "flex_read_adc16_rtn" seems to cause the sampling loop on the host computer to take 50ms! (Removing one "flex_read_adc16_rtn" seems to decrease the loop time to 40ms etc. etc.)  I was hoping to get sampling rates in the order of 2ms. I thought that if I ran an onboard program, I could put the "flex_read_pos" and four "flex_read_adc16" commands in series, put the data into a buffer and then empty the buffer perhaps every 100 samples. To get some timing in there, I had intended to get the onboard program to wait on bit 13 of MCS going high, set that bit low again after it was detected high and then use the host computer to set the bit high every 2ms.

Is there an easier way ?? 

I have bought a PXI rack recently with a 7344 card and lots of multifunction IO and I will want to sample 20 channels of ADC simultaneously with encoder position so I guess ultimately I will want to use a RTSI pulse. Perhaps I should just bite the bullet and start using that straight away ?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,863 Views)

To reply to an existing thread, please just press the "Reply" button at the last post. I have copied your message to the original thread and I will post an answer there.

Jochen

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,859 Views)