From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Motion Control and Motor Drives

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PXI-7344

Hello,

I am using a PXI-7344 board with a UMI-7764 accessory. So I connect it to the motion control plug and it works properly (the 4 axes are all used).

Next, I get a SCB-68 block connector because I need to get 2 more analog outputs.
So, I use a cable SH68-C68-S to connect the SCB-68 block to the PXI-7344 digital I/O plug.
But I don't know in fact how to steer the Digital Output ports from PXI-7344 to use the 2 analog outputs from SCB-68.
Moreover, I would like to know if I can steer both devices from motion port and Digital port at the same time.

Anyone an idea?

Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 10
(3,674 Views)
The PXI-7344 board provides 4 analog output to control 4 servo motors. If your axes are configured for stepper mode you can use the 4 analog outputs as general purpose outputs. All analog outputs are located on the Motion I/O connector and can be accessed through the UMI-7764. The Digital I/O connector provides 32 additional digital lines and two static PWM ports. There are no additional analog outputs on the 7344. The SCB-68 is a passive feed through connector block that doesn't provide any analog outputs also.

If you need additional analog outputs you will have to purchase an analog output board or a multifunction DAQ board. If you decide to buy an M-Series DAQ board the SH68-C68-S cable and the SCB-68 can be used as accessories.

Best regards,

Jochen Klier
National Instruments Germany
Message 2 of 10
(3,673 Views)
Ok, thanks for replying.

In fact I finally solved the problem and it is possible to use at the same time both motion I/O and Digital I/O from PXI-7344 boards. So my SCB-68 is supplying analog outputs thanks to digital ports from PXI-7344.

By the way I would like to share another topic which deals with programming.

I am currently doing some tests on a project and the steering of equipments are correct.
But I would like to optimize the steering of the cylinder with the pressure setpoint output since I am running at the momemt in servo axis without any feedback yet.

In fact I am using the normal motion vis (Target Load Position.vi, start motion.vi and I would like to know how to configure it well in closed-loop mode with UMI-7764. I know the encoder inputs are only for position encoder feedback - so they are not suitable for anything else. The analog inputs are actually for analog position feedback.

The control loops on the motion controller - axis configured as servo axis - the motion controller dosen't care if it is controlling position or force (just the name of the VIs, e.g. "Load Position.flx" is a bit confusing for this use case, but that contains the motion VIs, e.g. a "Load Force VI").

So if you can advise me on how to make or get an efficient vi for closed loop control in servo axis with the feedback of the charge amplifier with motion control (UMI-7764), it would be nice.

Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 10
(3,669 Views)
Please have a look at this document that I have posted in another thread. I should contain everything you need to configure and run your system in closed loop mode with analog feedback.

Jochen
Message 4 of 10
(3,665 Views)
Hello,

I would like to measure some tests on charts with a PXI-4204 board and to save them in a binary file.
I am using a VI that contains the "Analog 1DI32 Wfm NChan NSamp.vi" (from "Continuous Acq & Graph Voltage to File.vi") to acquire an analog signal.
The problem is that I had to do a "mix" with other vis:
- to be able to save the data into a binary file,
- to be able to see the waveform moving from right to left and to use the X scrollbar.

Now the problem I have concerns the reading.
When I want to use the "Graph Acquired Binary Data.vi" to read the data, there is a message of error that says the input data is not incorrect....
Anyone has an idea?

Please see the 2 files enclosed: "Continuous Binary Acquired Data.vi" and "Read Graph Data Acquired Binary File.vi" (front panel +diagram)

Thanks very much for quick reply

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 10
(3,623 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 10
(3,622 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 10
(3,621 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 10
(3,621 Views)
Hi,

as this is a completely other issue that even doesn't belong to the motion control board please post it in a new thread to the correct board. This will significantly improve your chances to get an answer.
(Sorry that I can't answer your question but I am not working in standard support on a regular base. Primarily I answer motion control related questions in the forum as this is my "hobbyhorse")

Jochen
0 Kudos
Message 9 of 10
(3,617 Views)

Alright,

Sorry about that...

Next time, I'll try to find you a very difficult question about motion control to challenge you...I'm joking (Smiley Wink).

Thanks

Message 10 of 10
(3,612 Views)