From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Motion Control and Motor Drives

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCI7344

Solved!
Go to solution

Dear all

We are looking for an old PCI7344 card (4 axis card driving motors) over 15 years old (copyright 2001). Indeed, when we use a newer PCI7344 card, we have driver / firmware compatibility issues. The program for our instrument is written with Labview 6 and we cannot afford to rewrite it. If someone has a solution for us or an old card that is no longer in use but still works, we are takers.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,144 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Chris21BA

Hi Chris,

Some thoughts:

The PCI7344 cards are obsolete and no longer available from NI.  It would be hard to find one that was manufactured recently, let alone one that was made over 15 years ago.  Ebay would be your best bet.

However, do you still have the source code to this LabVIEW 6 program?  If you can modify the program, then you at least have some options.  You could replace the PCI7344, perhaps with an ethernet-based motion controller.  I remember LabVIEW 6 could still send ethernet commands over TCP/IP, as this is the most painless way that I can think of.  Any other types of motion controllers would have heavy dependence on the software driver, which would in turn have dependence on the LabVIEW version.  

John Wu - CLA, PMP

TENET Technologies, Inc.

Linkedin: www.linkedin.com/in/johnwu-tenet

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,107 Views)

Hi John,

Sorry for my late answer and many thanks for the information and propositions. I will think all this.

All the best

Chris

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,029 Views)

No worries Chris.  This is one of true pains of maintaining legacy systems ... sooner or later hardware will be discontinued, OS end of life, LabVIEW version not supported, etc.  If it's possible to update your application to LabVIEW 2015+, my company has a replacement solution for PCI-7344.  Feel free to check it out here.

All the best

-John

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,026 Views)