Motion Control and Motor Drives

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCI 7332 and UMI 7772 : Motor does not revolve

Hi,

I am trying to control a third party motor and motor driver (Schneider) with the PCI 7332 in my computer and the UMI 7772 connector block. When I power up the motor, the driver and the UMI7772, the motor has holding torque. The problem is I seem to be unable to give any commands to the motor through MAX. I can´t even kill it to stop the holding torque. I followed the instructions to initialize the PCI 7332 axes through the MAX and it doesn´t show any errors. I did find through a search in the forum that the red Limit Switch LED´s can prohibit the motor movement but I don`t think it should prohibit killing the axis. Also, I can´t understand how the limit LEDs are on since all the limit switches are disabled from the Motion I/O settings. I really need help. Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,272 Views)
Ok, I managed to turn off the limit LEDs, but still no movement (or kill) from the motor.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,266 Views)

Hi,

with the information provided it's hard or even impossible to tell what's going on. Could you please provide some more detailed documentation (the drive's data sheet /manual and the wiring between the UMI and the drive)?

Thanks and kind regards,

Jochen Klier

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,246 Views)