Motion Control and Motor Drives

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI cRIO 9063 w/ 2 NI 9503 simple movement

Hello, I have just started learning the soft motion module, but I cant seem to find very much in the way of tutorials or guides for the program. I was wondering if anyone could help me with how I would create a VI that would simply just rotate the two stepper motors that I have hooked up. or even just explain to me the simplest way I could make the motor spin.

Also If there are any useful resources on soft motion like the training the NI has, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks in advanced

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,330 Views)

Have you tried to run the example project? In LabVIEW go to File >> Create Project >> Sample Projects >> SoftMotion >> Stepper Drive (NI 9503).

bhovhann
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,262 Views)

Yes I have, but that uses the cRIO 9074 and when I change the chassis, everything breaks, and I cant figure out how to fix any of it.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,249 Views)

how you change the  chassis ??

bhovhann
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,217 Views)

I changed the chassis in the example, and it causes the I/O Nodes to change data types, which messes up the program. I have been working on this for 2 weeks now, I have tried all of these things, but they don't work. Also, the examples are a lot more complicated than I need. 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,198 Views)

Can you send your code ?

bhovhann
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,168 Views)