cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NI 9881 CANopen SDO read no response from MAXON EPOS4, NI cRIO 9035

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello all,

I am having trouble getting response from EPOS4, My setup includes NI-cRIO 9035 with 9881 module as CANopen interface, 

I am using the NI CANopen for cRIO project under Labview find examples section.

When running the CANopen Read SDO.vi to read device type/manf name,

*at any bitrates except 10kbitps the EPOS4 shoots a 0x81fe: CAN Rx queue overflow error, too high communication rate, as seen from EPOSstudio, 

*At 10kbitps the EPOS4 doesnt give high comm rate error, however the VI runs with a 8414822d (0x504000) warning, SDO timed out, and no data is read.

Any suggestion on what i am missing to congifure? or incorrect setup?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(4,001 Views)

Hi,

Please check the following issues:

1. What is the baud rate that EPOS4 supports?

2. I suggest you can use Online Test Panel to make a test. you can find it by right-clicking on your target, select CANopen utilities>>Online Test Panel

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(3,993 Views)

Hi zhengchen,

EPOS4 supports max 1 Mbitps. Also i used the CANopen utility you mentioned however

i am getting scan devices failed: 0x80054A84. image attached below

Thanks,

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(3,986 Views)

Hi,

I didnt download the bitfile last time. Now after downloading the test panel appears, however the device is not detected in the scan results.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(3,980 Views)

Hi,

Could you please provide the picture of how you connect the MAXON EPOS4 with NI cRIO 9035? Generally, we use breakout box to connect the master with slaves. The breakout box is used to provide the power to slaves.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(3,951 Views)

Hi,

I am connecting the EPOS4 to cRIO via 9881 master, to CAN1 port(x11) on EPOS4 for CAN, EPOS4 is externally powered (x1), not via master.

Also providing external power 24V to NI9881. 

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(3,946 Views)

Hi,

Could you please provide a picture of how you connect EPOS4 with the cRIO. 

I suggest that you have a try by removing the external power to NI9881.

Besides, I want to confirm whether you can see the NI9881 in NI-MAX after deploy the project. 

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(3,940 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author kkaustubh

Hi zhengchen,

Changing the bitrate setting on EPOS4 from automatic detection, to a specific value, say 1 Mbit/s resolved the above error.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(3,932 Views)