From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Motion Control and Motor Drives

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mdrive motor: initializing and running

Hello everyone,

I have been using a M-drive 17 plus motor for reciprocation and it was working well running through my attached VI. But, all on a sudden its not working. The left/ right/ jogging (left and right) (buttons at my VI) are working. But, i used to initialize, then set the values and run the motor for reciprocation (XX. of cycles). I am following the same procedure but its not doing that (not doing the reciprocation). It was doing its job but i exactly dont know why it has stopped working. I have tried to do troubleshooting but have not been able to solve the problem. 

It would be great if i get some suggestion for solving this issue. 

Thanks,

Arnab

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,044 Views)

Hi arnab3202,

It's interesting that it stopped working. It's likely that something changed. Do you remember any change you did? Hardware (cable, drive, motor) or software (code, upgrades, etc)

What kind of troubleshooting have you tried? As the left and right buttons are working, it seems to be a problem with the code that manages the reciprocation. Is there any change like the command sent, the memory address to talk to? 

I would tackle the problem by narrowing it down. Focus on just the reciprocation part of it, check that the command sent is the correct one, use highlight execution to see if the code is not having an error.

Regards,

PedroR

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,006 Views)