Motion Control and Motor Drives

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAX not registering position change from encoder output

Hi all,

i am using a sanyo denki servo motor with optical shaft encoder wired to a PCI7344 motion controller as the 4th axis.

i have tested the outputs of the phases A, B and index of the encoder and they are working fine (>4V when high, 0V when low on the oscilloscope)

Without powering up the motor yet, i manually turned the motor shaft. Logically MAX should have recorded any position change. However, it did not (position remained 0 counts). Is there something wrong with my encoder? Appreciated any help, thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,243 Views)
Can you show how do you cnfigure MAX, how do you connect encoder, and at which page you claim you should see encoder change?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,222 Views)

Although I do have several questions regarding setup, I am making the assumption you are looking at the encoder line in the advanced tab of the 1D interactive section of Max.  It seems to me that that will only read if the axis is enabled and after the 7344 has been initialized through Max.

If your outpouts are swinging 0-4VDC the problem is not the encoder.  It is wiring or settings.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,195 Views)