From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Motion Control and Motor Drives

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAX never shows 'Axis is currently moving'

I've been configuring a PCI-7344 flexmotion card using MAX and trying to understand 'Axis settings' affect the 'Trajectory Settings'.

Currently, I have the velocity filter settings at:
Velocity Filter Time (mS) = 50
Velocity Filter Distance = 0
Run/Stop Threshold = 100

Within the 'Trajectory Settings' I have only the 'Run/Stop' checkbox and 'Delay = 5' checkbox checked. 'Motor Off' and 'Deadband' are not checked.

When I the 1-D interactive and do a move on an axis, the 'Axis is Currently Moving' "LED" never illuminates (turns green). I tried every conceivable combination of velocity filters and move complete criteria, but I have never seen the 'Axis is Currently Moving' "LED" illuminate. What the heck is going on here
? Shouldn't it illuminate when an axis is moving (i.e. the move is NOT complete)? Any thoughts????

-Chuck
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,670 Views)
Try using the Velocity Threshold instead. You can set a Velocity Threshold in MAX on the Trajectory Settings tab and monitor that threshold in the Advanced tab of 1-D Interactive in MAX.

Please let me know if this does not work for your application.

Best regards,
Dawna P.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,670 Views)