Motion Control and Motor Drives

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview: reciprocation using mdrive motor

Hello,

I have been using a Mdrive 17 motor for a project. I am developing a labview interface for controlling the motor. I want to have reciprocating motion. For example: I want to start my motor at position 0 and then go left to -2.0 and move right towards +2.0 and then move back to 0. This will complete a cycle for me. I have used the sequence structure of labview and placed the upper mentioned (example) steps sequence by sequence. However, as soon as i run the code, it jumps from one sequence to another and therefore, my motor doesnt get enough time to finish its motion in each sequence. If i use the "time delay (with some approx sec.)", then it gets enough time to finish the motion before moving to next sequence. But, i dont want to use the "time delay" to hold the sequence. Is there any function or command i can use to hold the execution of next part of the program until my motor finishes its motion. There might be some other better way to create this program too. It would be great to have your suggestion and instructions regarding my problem. I am attaching my VI here. 

Please let me know if you have queries. 

Thanks,

Arnab 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(1,871 Views)