From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Motion Control and Motor Drives

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Labview Thorlabs APT DC servo controller "Homing" process

Hi,

I'm having a problem with developing Labview software for Thorlabs APT DC servo controller(ActiveX). When I first run the program, using the interface to home the motor, once I hit "Home/Zero" button, the motor lost control and continue rotating to one direction and the Labview program stops responding. I tried many times and it's always the case. I'm wondering if there's a way to customize the homing process? I tried "GetHomParam" in ActiveX but it didn't seem to work. Thank you!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,122 Views)

Hello Bowxx,

Does the homing process require some kind of digital input or limit switch to be triggered during this perpetual rotation? Typically a homing maneuver will move the motor as far as it need to until a specific limit switch is hit which defines the motor as "homed." Could you expand a bit more on your system? How are you communicating with this servo controller? Are limit switches a viable option with this system?

John H.
Applications Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,094 Views)

I have a very similar or the same problem.

I seem to have difficulties homing my linear motorized stage. It tends to go past the "home" position and then get stuck at a negative position value (e.g. -2.1 mm).

Did you ever figure out how to fix this???

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,629 Views)

Is the negative position consistent (i.e. when you "home", does it always move to -2.1mm)? Are you using a limit switch and targeting that position?

Without knowing too much about Thorlabs' software implementation, I would recommend contacting them or providing more information about their commands.

Brian.D
NI Product Owner
VeriStand
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,605 Views)