Motion Control and Motor Drives

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kollmorgen servo motor move complete and IL.LIMITP

Hello,

I am using AKD-P00306 drive, AKM21C motor using ethercat to a cRIO-9035. I am using Labview 2017 and Softmotion.

I have an application where I want to use the drive to clamp and object, the clamp is successful if motor current is over 0.5 amps.

The running current is around 0.1 amps, so I'm basically looking for a spike in the current when the clamping occurs, it is a hard stop of the drive.

I set the IL.LIMITP to 0.5 amps. I do a straight line move to 140 mm (past my clamping hard stop), the drive stops moving at 136 mm (the object is clamped) and the current will be +/- 0.5 amps and the move complete output from the softmotion Read VI eventually is set to TRUE and I consider this a successful clamping.

Another observation is the delay from reaching a hard stop and the move complete bit being set. If I move from 0 to 136 mm (hard stop), the move complete bit is set in 2 seconds. If I move from 120 mm to 136 mm (hard stop), the move complete bit is set 12 seconds.

My question are:

A: Why is this considered a successful move when my target is 140 mm and I stopped at 136 mm. I mean why is the move complete bit set and their is no fault message. I suspect it has to do the Trajectory settings (see attached screenshot)?

B: What is controlling the delay in setting the move complete bit?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,119 Views)

Forgot the attachment.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,110 Views)

Also forgot to mention this move complete delay only happens when it is a relative move instead of an absolute move.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,104 Views)

Hey,

Could you help clarify some of the information a little more? What do you mean by complete bit? Also, can you attach your code as well?

Thanks,

-Brian J. 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,074 Views)