Motion Control and Motor Drives

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kollmorgen WorkBench Hardware Enable Problem

I am trying to connect a AKM53L motor with an akd servo drive. Using the kollmorgen workbench software, I can see that the software is enabled and that there are no faults present. The hardware enable, however, is not active for some reason. I have checked to see the that pin 4 on the x8 connector is properly positioned and received power, which it is (24V). Why will the hardware enable not activate?

I appreciate any help.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(4,590 Views)

Here is how the drives are connected if that helps out more. Does anyone see any flaws as to why the hardware enable is still inactive? Faulty wires or wrong wiring?

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(4,551 Views)

Is this happening on one or both drives? If only one, are they hooked up the same way? Also, are these new devices or have you been able to use them in the past?

Austin
Staff Software Engineer
NI
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(4,535 Views)

These devices have been used in the past. I actually picked up the system from the Rehabilitation Institute of Chicago (RIC) and have been trying to get it to run, but both drives keep saying the hardware enable is inactive. How much voltage should be supplied in order to hardware enable the drives and in between which connectors?

These are AKD-B01206-NAAN-0000 drives if that helps.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(4,527 Views)

Could you tell me about the setup procedure you followed? Also could you tell me a bit more about your setup? I believe you're using an EtherCAT AKD servo drive. If that's the case, please see the following setup guide and ensure you followed the steps 

Getting Started with AKD EtherCAT® Drives and the LabVIEW NI SoftMotion Module

http://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/375592b.pdf

Austin
Staff Software Engineer
NI
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(4,516 Views)

I want to make sure that I share the latest revision of the Getting Started with AKD EtherCAT® Drives and the LabVIEW NI SoftMotion Module document.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,897 Views)