Motion Control and Motor Drives

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jochen,Help!!!

Dear Jochen:

i am a new user for motion controller especially NI's motion controller.

Now i am do such work :Pick an available NI motion controller which using in Air-bag ECU thrust test.

in the old test frame we use Delta Tau Mini-PMAC motion controller control a Linear Motor(3-phase brushless linear motor) through a Motor Amplifier(please see below information from Adcanced Motion amplifier manufacturer).S30A40AC is the Amplifier type.

(The S30A40AC is part of our sinusoidal input line of servo drives and can be used to drive 3-phase brushless linear motors. They are typically used with an external motion controller that can do sinusoidal commutation. In this type of configuration, the motor mounted feedback is wired to the external motion controller. The motion controller outputs two analog command voltages to the drive that correspond to 2 of the the phase currents in the motor; the drive generates the current for the third phase internally. The two currents are normally sinusoidal and offset by 120 degrees. Note that this drive does not accept any feedback from the motor and simply responds to the current command from the external motion controller. This is why an external motion controller that can do sinusoidal commutation is required.)

could you help me pick up one type motion controller for me? another thing could you give me your contact information so that i can support you some datasheets ? my e-mail address is: dapeng.xie@delphi.com

welcome mail me.

thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,550 Views)

Sorry, I am not Jochen, but I will respond.  Why do you want to switch to another motion controller?  Is the Mini-PMAC broken?  It is usually a lot of work to switch to different controllers.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,539 Views)

Thanks Brian:

why i want to switch to new motion controller?

Because the old test platform we are using is base on the IPC,all DIO, Relay-matrix , DMM ,DAQ and motion controller are the PCI connection,For standard the test system,we decide to upgrade to PXI,That's why i am looking for NI PXI motion controller.

i had talked this idea with local NI technical support,they give me a PXI-7350 motion controller for try,But seemed that the using of my original Mini-PMAC is specially.

i need the motion controller control the linear motor completely,Output two currents with sinusoidal and offset by 120 degrees,accpet the feedback from an increment encoder .

Now the status is the PXI-7350 can't control the linear Motor.we try in the MAX,sometime in the low speed and short distance run relative position,the Motor could run correctly,but most of the time the linear motor is uncontrollable.

Anyone have some suggestions will be appreciate.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,537 Views)

The 7350 series is supposed to be able to commutate a motor, but I am not familiar with it.  You can keep the Mini-PMAC and communicate to it serially.  You would just need to use an external +5,+/-15VDC power supply.  You could also buy a different PMAC, but PXI form factors are not available. 

Message 4 of 5
(4,520 Views)

Thanks brain for your suggestion,But i am not familiar with Mini-PMAC,it's Debug tool much complex compare to the MAX,i want to use the PXI series more.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,492 Views)