Motion Control and Motor Drives

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Jerk problem in servo motor

Dear All,

I am facing a problem in one test i am doing with servo motors. This test is used for checking rotational durability of a mechanical shaft.

In this test i am using 2 servo of 5KW each. In which one servo is running in position mode & another one is running in torque mode & both motors are running in opposite directions Means when position mode motor runs in CW direction, Torque mode motor running in CCW Dirction & Vice Versa. My mechanical shaft is in between these two motors & there is resistive torque applied on that shaft. & There is a graph plotting torue Vs Angle evaluation.

My problem is When motor changes its direction From CW to CCW or vice versa, it is taking some jerk shown as peak in curve.

Which is 10 Nm at providing 10 Nm by operator in both starting & stopping of motor & it increases by increasing frequency.

Can anybody suggest me how to remove or minimise this jerk?

Thanks & Regards,

Vipin Ahuja

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 9
(14,206 Views)

Jerk is also known as s-curve.  Add, or increase, the S-curve acceleration and deceleration to reduce the jerk.  I can't tell you exactly how to do that since I don't know what controller you are using.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 9
(14,195 Views)

Can you send the s curve implementation programatically?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 9
(14,189 Views)

Maybe.  You still haven't said what controller you are using.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 9
(14,182 Views)

I am using compact rio 9072 & 3 modules in it  i am using which are 9263,9201 & 9403.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 9
(14,176 Views)

Are you using motion control software, or are you just coding this yourself?

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 9
(14,164 Views)

No i am not using any motion control software.

I am coding this on fpga host model on compact rio.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 9
(14,156 Views)

The only advice I can give you is to investigate how to use parabolic accel/decel instead of trapezoidal.  A moving average filter will essentially do the same thing.

Message 8 of 9
(14,152 Views)

I am trying to control a Industrial AC Servo motor using my XE166 device.

The controller interfaces with the servo controller using the PULSE and DIRECTION control.

To achieve a jerk-free motion I have been trying to create a S Curve motion profile (motor speed v/s time).

Calculating instantaneous speed is no problem as I know the distance moved by the motor per pulse, and the pulse duration.

I need to understand how to arrive at a mathematical equation that I could use, that would tell me what should be the nth pulses duration to have the speed profile as an S-Curve.

Since these must be a common requirement in any domain requiring motion control (Robotics, CNC, industrial) there must be some standard reference to do it

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 9
(10,128 Views)