Motion Control and Motor Drives

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to build a CNC Milling Machine, how can i connect my drivers stepper motor, to the UMI-7774

Hello, I am trying to build a CNC Milling Machine, I have:

-Labview 2011

-NI Motion Assistant 2011

-PCI - 7334, for Motion Control, 

-UMI-7774 Universal Motion Interface (With their power supply (24 DC and 5 DC) and with their cables ( 2 SHC68-C68-S 68 pin VHDCI to 68 pin, and all DB-25, DB-15, DB-9 for all connections) 

- 3 Drivers DM860A

- 3 Stepper Motors 34HST9805-37B2

the problem is that I bought the stepper motors and drivers kit from another supplier, and i can´t connect this drivers to the UMI-7774, the original drivers for the UMI are NI P7000. Well This is my problem, I would like help me to  connect these drivers, to start the first tests.

Here I put the data sheets of the drivers and motors (motors and drives are already connected)  

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(6,514 Views)
anybody please, i want some help.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(6,467 Views)
anybody please, i want some help.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(6,468 Views)

Dear all,

I am trying to connect the UMI-7774 (previously connected to a PCI card 7334 within a PC with windows XP) to a gecko driver g203v, but I cannot manage to move a stepper motor.

I have tested the driver and the motor with the PWM signal from the PCI card and it worked, for frequencies from 4k to 33k of the PWM.

When I measure the output signal from the UMI device, I get 5 volts amplitude and a normal step signal, but when I connected to the Gecko driver the signal is 1.5 volts amplitude.

The Gecko driver requires a source configuration, whilst the output of the UMI device is sink open collector. I tried to connect the step signal directly to the driver but it did not work, then I connected the UMI ouput through a resistor to 5V source (sink configuration), but it didn´t work. 

Does anyone knows if the UMI device have to be connected only with NI motors drivers?

or can anyone advice how to solve the problem?

Best wishes,

Victor

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,772 Views)