Motion Control and Motor Drives

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to be connected to the encoder with umi board.

Solved!
Go to solution

hi anyone help me please !!!

i'm beginning labview

I use labview 2009 sp1 , MAX 4.6 ,PCI 7354 ,umi 7774 motion interface. i want to drive DC servomotor and p

osition control with encoder.

i have questions?

UMI 7774 have to connect with encoder that have A,A-,B,B-,index,index- ?

If not how to do?

Do i have to wire inverting gate?

I want to test the encoder test on MAX and wiring follow manual but no have encoder signal.

If measuring with oscilloscope have a signal. why is it?

thank for any advice you have

P.S. sorry my writing is bad. If i am not polite so sorry.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(6,240 Views)

What kind of encoder are you using?

Most incremental encoders have three channel output, and also in many cases the outputs are diffential lines/pairs.

However, the encoder inputs of the UMI box accept BOTH differential encoder output and TTL encoder output without  changes.

Check the specifications of your encoder. If possible, post a link to the encoder manufacturer website with encoder specifications.  

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(6,236 Views)
Solution
Accepted by supersputnikk

i use second hand motor " pittman 14202 series".

a name plate is 14202D335-R1 385-22-001 24VDC 1000CPR 05-10-00.

a encoder maybe E30A. It have not Index channel because i measure A signal and Index signal.they're inphase.It's strange.

Do you think about it?

and if i haven't Index channel. what should i do it?

thank you very much for reply

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(6,227 Views)

it isn't solved. i click my mouse mistake. sorry.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(6,223 Views)

BTW it is possible to generate a differential signal (A  /A etc) from a single-ended TTL signal, but usually you do not use an inverter to generate the /A signal. There are ICs like the AM26LS31 which can generate proper differential signals with proper signal levels and impedances. 

However, with the UMI box, this is not needed. The encoder inputs will accept both single-ended TTL signal as well as differential signals without modification.  

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(6,216 Views)

According to your datasheet, the E30A encoder has A, B and index channel. All channels have single-ended TTL level output so it should be no problem to connect it to the UMI box, just connect it to the encoder A, B and index inputs and do not forget a GND connection to the digital GND terminal of the UMI box. Also, of course you need a supply voltage for the encoder. 

The index signal should occur only once per revolution.  

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(6,215 Views)

as you tell "The index signal should occur only once per revolution" so maybe no have Index input because the signal from index input inphase with the A signal.it isn't correct.

thank you for reply

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(6,212 Views)