Motion Control and Motor Drives

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I´m having problems with a simple synchronized move

When using the "flex_start" function with the parameter AxisOrVectorSpace
set as 0X00 (MULTIPLE_AXES), is it possible that some axes move ahead of the others or does the Flex Software secure the synchronization?

I use motion controler 7344.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,921 Views)
The flex_start function will synchronize the start of motion on multiple axes of a single board, but not the remaining part of the trajectory. To synchronize the start and end of motion on multiple axes, you must configure those axes as a vector space (coordinate space). For a more detailed explanation of these concepts, please refer to the Coordinate Space and Multi-Starts versus Coordinate Spaces sections of the NI-Motion User Manual: Product Manual: NI-Motion User Manual

I hope this helps! Best wishes.

Kind regards,
Dawna P.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,921 Views)
But if I set same velocity, aceleration, position ( same distance) in all axes, does the FlexSoftware secure the synchronization?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,921 Views)
Please allow me to clarify my previous statement. Vector spaces greatly simplify synchronized movement across multiple axes because the generated trajectory is done on the vector. It is possible to start and end the moves of multiple axes without using a vector space; however, you will have to use a multi-start and then calculate the appropriate move constraints for each axis that brings it to the end of travel with the other axes.

The FlexMotion software will attempt to adhere to the calculated trajectory for each axis, and assuming these parameters are properly set such that all axes arrive at their end of travel at the same time, the axes should maintain synchronization. Factors such as one axis facing a significantly greater load than the others m
ay cause that axis to temporarily get out of sync, but this should only be for one PID loop update period. If you are using a closed-loop stepper system and your motor is missing steps that axis may deviate from its calculated trajectory, and the FlexMotion software will try to compensate for this at the end of the movement by doing up to three pull-in moves.

I hope this better answers your question. Best wishes!
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,920 Views)