From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Motion Control and Motor Drives

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to read position from PCI 7342

Smiley SadNow, I just use PCI 7342 (First time) . I want to read position and velocity from encoder that i connect to the board. I never use this card
could someone help me. or give  me .vi for example? Thank you.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,820 Views)

Hi,

Connect the encoder to the UMI. Drag the read position VI into the block diagram and put it in a while loop. Give the board ID as shown in max. Provide the axis to which the encoder i connected. Put an indicator to diaply the counts.Now run the VI and rotate the encoder to see the counts.

Regards,

Giridhar Rajan

Automation Engineer, Design

Cruiser Controls

Mumbai, India

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,813 Views)
Could you give me .vi for example ? Please, because i never use! Smiley Sad
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,805 Views)

Please find the examples in LabVIEW folder. The VI that you want is already demonstrated there. I do not have motion driver installed, so can give example, sorry.

Regards,

Giridhar Rajan

Automation Engineer, Design

Cruiser Controls

Mumbai, India

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,801 Views)

Hey bkk,

You can find all the motion examples in the following folder: C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW x.x \examples\Motion\FlexMotion. You can find these examples if you have the NI-Motion driver installed. Also, you can find examples in the NI Example Finder if you do a search and Browse by directory structure - in the Motion folder.

Regards,
DJ L.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,784 Views)

I also have to define a erchitecture using a  PXI 7342

Can you describe me your hardware architecture

Regards

Thibaut

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,539 Views)