From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Motion Control and Motor Drives

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get a stable DA output without feedback in PCI-7344

I have a motion controoler PCI-7344 to control a PZT stage without any kind of feedback. And PCI-7344 is expected to act as a DA output with trajectory generation and onboard programming. But I am confused about how to configurate this motion card.
Another thing I want to know is what is the normal noise level of the DA output. My card's noise is very large(roughly 70mV RMS). Is this noise is normal for the PCI-7344? Or this noise is caused by my incorrect configuration and use of PCI-7344. I have tried to use the analog feedback and none feedback to configurate motion card, and the noise are the same.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,064 Views)
Is the motor you are controlling a stepper or servo? A stepper would require feedback. Also, what do you mean by "DA output"? Is this analog output? If you are doing digital output, the 70 mV noise is nothing, but if you are doing analog output, I agree that the noise is excessive. What kind of noise are you seeing? Is it white random noise or quantization noise?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,047 Views)
Oops, I meant servos require feedback.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,047 Views)
If you just want to output a trajectory profile without feedback a multifunction board like the PCI-6229 would be a better choice. Simply precalculate your trajectory profiles and send them to the outputs of the board.

Best regards,

Jochen Klier
National Instruments Germany
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,043 Views)
DA output I mentioned above refer to analog output. Although we have not analyzed the noise spectra, it seems to be white random noise.
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,031 Views)