Motion Control and Motor Drives

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to control (PID) the position of DC Motor by using Labview, NI USB 6211 and Throttle Position Sensor

Hi all. I am fairly new with NI-DAQ and Labview, doing a project to control the position of a DC motor by using a Labview software, NI USB-2611 and Throttle Position Sensor. The motor is controlled by analog I/O. Not by PWM.

My software and hardware set-up are as follows:

I am planning to design a PID controller by making this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkbt85mBzuM as the reference. I had followed step-by-step, checked all the connections, tested both motor and sensor; They were all working, meaning my connections were correct. 

However, when I ran the vi block diagram, the motor kept rotating and the sensor produced  saw-tooth type signal. What I wanted was the motor would have rotated in the range of 0 - 360 degree only. I believe the sensor works different way as compared to the sensor in the YouTube video.Meaning I cannot simply follow the connection of PID as shown in the video. I tried to find out how that sensor works on YouTube, google, or here but unfortunately it is rarely used, I guess. 

Therefore, I seek for help if anyone knows how this TPS works and I have attached my vi for reference. Thank you in advance. 

Best regards,

Rahman.

Message 1 of 2
(4,150 Views)

Hello, I have the same problem, did you found the solution??

Could you please help me 😭

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,318 Views)