cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How I find out the Board ID in MAX?

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I am trying to install my encoder via a PCI 7334. When I use e.g. Read Encoder Position I need to know the Board ID. Where do I get it from MAX? 

Capture.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,386 Views)

Capture123.PNG

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(3,356 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Rémimer

Hi

The board ID of a motion control card can be set in MAX by right-clicking on the board, then selecting Change Board ID...

You can try the following steps :

• Perform the process to remove a MAX database corruption. This may clear corrupted associations between the drivers and the PCI card.
  • If that doesn't work, remove the device from MAX and Windows Device Manager following these steps:
    1. Remove the device in MAX (right-click on the device, select Remove Device). If you get an error when trying to remove the device, proceed to solution 3 below.
    2. Open the Windows Device Manager and uninstall the PCI card (right-click, select Uninstall). Leave the PCI card in the computer.  After doing this, Windows may auto-recognize the card and it may work again.
    3. If the card is not auto-recognized, remove the PCI card from the computer, then uninstall and reinstall NI-Motion. Then reinstall the PCI card.

Paolo_P
Certified TestStand Architect
Certified LabVIEW Architect
National Instruments France

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,339 Views)

Hi Paolo_P

I just reset configuration data and then I found the PCI device in MAX.

I just can't help but say 666.

Thanks for your help!

Merci beaucoup! 

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,336 Views)