From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Motion Control and Motor Drives

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting Started: Programming Stimulus for Rotational Chair using Manufacturer Controller

Hello, 

I am a PhD student and and as part of my research, I am looking to program a custom stimulus using MATLAB that interfaces with a rotational chair. The chair controller contains a chair servo amplifier, control logic, safety controls, power switches, and a computer interface. The manufacturer software provides preset sinusoidal acceleration at different frequencies and peak velocities, however, I would like to program a custom motion stimulus using MATLAB that interfaces with this particular controller. I understand that I would most likely need a data acquisition device from National Instruments that communicates with MATLAB and the chair. However, I am unsure which device I should get. Technical information for the chair controller is reflected below:

Chair Controller model 720R-820R 

-Linear Servo Amplifier 

-Model 720R: 110-130VAC @ 900VA

-Model 820R: 220-240VAC @900VA

Does anyone out there have any insight on which DAQ device I would need to send and receive data to and from the chair controller. Any advice would be extremely helpful. 

Thank you in advance. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(1,949 Views)