Motion Control and Motor Drives

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EtherCAT communication to a third party device using cRIO-9035 as Master

I try to use the cRIO-9035 as a EtherCat master and communicate to different EtherCAT slaves. I included them into my project as shown at the picture below. Now my question: How can i send now data and retrieve data from them. Especially from the device 3 and 4 where no objects are shown

2017-07-14 14_22_59-Untitled Project 1 _ - Project Explorer.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,538 Views)

Hi Daniel59,

Were you able to get the communication from EtherCAT slaves to master going? 

If not I'd recommend checking out some of the help material on NI-Industrial Communications for EtherCAT® 17.0 Help and look into Deploying a User-Defined I/O Variable.

Let us know how you get on. 
Henry

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,434 Views)

Hi,

yeah in the mean time i contacted the NI support and there where some issues regarding my xml file. For this i for my third party devices no PDOs were available and i thought that the communication to third party slaves is different

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,431 Views)

Hi Daniel59,

Did you manage to get this up and running then? Or is the third party slave not compatible with LabVIEW EtherCAT?

Regards, 
Henry

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,419 Views)

The issue was that the EtherCAT Esi file was at some point changed in not a very common way and this made some problems by using the EtherCAT slave with LabVIEW. After i changed the ESI file to the correct form I was able to make a EtherCAT communication. 

Interesting is that TwinCAT had no problems with the modified ESI file.

best regards 

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,417 Views)

Ah okay, thanks a lot for the clarification there!

Best of luck with getting this application up and running from here then 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,413 Views)