Motion Control and Motor Drives

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error using communicate front panel in Value Motion

I am trying to use the communicate front panel vi in the Value Motion vi library to communicate with my device. I have downloaded the latest versions of both Flex Motion and Value Motion.

I have opened Measurement and Automation explorer and sucessfully intitalized the device (a stepper motor with an encoder). So I don't believe there is an error in communication.

However, when using the vi "Communicate Front Panel", I recieve the error, "19: NIMC_noboardconfiginfoerror. Board configuration is missing or corrupt"

I'm not sure if I havn't properly configured the board in M&A Explorer, or that the Communicate Front Panel is not working well.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,780 Views)
Are you using a Value Motion board or a NI-motion(flexmotion) board? The Value Motion Driver and VI's are only for Value Motion Boards and The NI-Motion(Flexmotion) driver and VI is for Ni-Motion boards.

A. Talley
Application Engineering
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,780 Views)
Thanks for the help. I have a Flexmotion board.

I was using vi's previously developed by my co-workers that I belive mixed and matched Flexmotion and Valuemotion VI's. This might have been fine for their applications, but not for mine.

I developed my own script that uses only the Flexmotion VI's and it works fine.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,780 Views)