Motion Control and Motor Drives

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error -70235 starting motion

Hello,

I am using AKD-P00306 drive, AKM21C motor using ethercat to a cRIO-9035. I am using Labview 2017 and Softmotion.

If I run in the development environment all my softmotion calls work in the cRIO realtime VI.

If I run in the with built executables and the cRIO deployed with "run as startup" then I get error -70235 when trying to initiate anything involving making the drives move. The error is:

"No resource was set or there was an error configuring the resource. If using the C API, also verify the batching functions are not being used with local variables."

Any ideal why this is happening?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,185 Views)

I google'd error -70235 and came up with a list of known issues for SoftMotion.

That document states:

Issue: When the NI Scan Engine is set to boot into Configuration Mode and you try to deploy changes to an axis, you will get error -70235 (NIMC_resourceNotSet)
Note: This error only occurs when you set the RT target to boot into Configuration Mode and you try to deploy new settings to an axis while still in Configuration Mode.

Workaround: If you have already received error -70235, you must reboot the target to clear it. To avoid getting this error, either have the NI Scan Engine boot into Active Mode or switch the NI Scan Engine from Active Mode and then back to Configuration Mode before deploying changes to an axis.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,148 Views)

Thanks I will give that a try.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,145 Views)

Good luck! Let us know what happens!

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,143 Views)