Motion Control and Motor Drives

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error -70038 occurred at Property Node in nimc.fb.power.power.coordinate.vi

HI,

I created a Real Time application with debugging enabled that only makes a straight line move and then finds center (using SoftMotion function blocks). When I run the VI from the project everything works fine. When I create the executable and run the application as a start up some times it moves beyond the limit switches and I have to abort the application, it never really works as smooth as it does when ran directly from the project.

I simplified the application. When connecting to the executable ( Operate>>Debug Application or Shared Library...)

I saw that sometimes I was getting an error that said the find center function could not be executed because the driver was not enabled. This was never needed when running from the project. I added the Power SoftMotion block and I enabled the driver before getting into the while loop that finds center. Again the VI ran without errors when ran directly from the project, but when I connected to the executable I found the following error coming out of the Power SoftMotion block (the name of my VI is: "Testing SEND to ZERO by itself.vi"):  

"Error -70038 occurred at Property Node in nimc.fb.power.power.coordinate.vi --> Testing SEND to ZERO by itself.vi

Possible reason(s):

Motion: An unexpected error has occurred internal to the driver. Please contact National Instruments with the name of the function or VI that returned this error" 

I am using cRIO 9022 as a controller and two 9512s.

LabVIEW 2009

NI-RIO 3.2.1 

SoftMotion

Any idea why the VI works fine when ran directly from the project but does not work as expected when ran as a stand alone application directly on the cRIO?

Thanks,

Fab 

For an opportunity to learn from experienced developers / entrepeneurs (Steve, Joerg, and Brian amongst them):
Check out DSH Pragmatic Software Development Workshop!

DQMH Lead Architect * DQMH Trusted Advisor * Certified LabVIEW Architect * Certified LabVIEW Embedded Developer * Certified Professional Instructor * LabVIEW Champion * Code Janitor

Have you been nice to future you?
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,677 Views)

Fab,

Haven't seen an error like that yet. Are you using the latest service pack for SoftMotion (2009 SP1)? I highly recommend upgrading if not. FYI - this upgrade does not require you to upgrade to LabVIEW 2009.1.

Marc 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,664 Views)

Marc,

When I simplified my program, I forgot to put the Power Function block inside a loop and make sure I was sending a pulse for the execute input. I am guessing that could have caused the weird error.

If I see it again, I will let you know.

Thanks,

Fab 

For an opportunity to learn from experienced developers / entrepeneurs (Steve, Joerg, and Brian amongst them):
Check out DSH Pragmatic Software Development Workshop!

DQMH Lead Architect * DQMH Trusted Advisor * Certified LabVIEW Architect * Certified LabVIEW Embedded Developer * Certified Professional Instructor * LabVIEW Champion * Code Janitor

Have you been nice to future you?
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,658 Views)