Motion Control and Motor Drives

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Encoder and DAQ Connections

Please help a DAQ/Motion neophyte ....
I'd like to synchronize/correlate a load cell output with the a linear stage position via the on-board encoder. The on-line documents show Ch.A to PFI8_Source, Ch.B to DIO6_Up_Down, and GND to DGND. However, the Agilent HEDL-5504-A encoder that I have has A+ and A-, B+ and B-, I+ and I-, and GND channels (i.e., seven connectors). What is the proper way to connect to the terminal block of the SCC-2345 to communicate with my PCI-6036E DAQ device for this encoder? Thanks in advance ... Jerry
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,726 Views)
Jerry,

I noticed that you posted your question in the Motion section of DevZone. As your question relates to connections to a Data Acquisition device, you may want to consider posting to the DAQ section of the DevZone, as posting it here may cause it to be missed by people who frequent the DAQ boards. (The Motion section is more oriented toward people who are making connections to a Motion Controller device).

That being said, there is a Tutorial on this website that should be able to walk you through setting this up. That can be found here:

Tutorial: Using E Series DAQ Boards with Quadrature Encoders

Hopefully that will get you going in the right direc
tion. If you still have specific questions about connections to the SC-2345 you may want to make another post on the DAQ discussion board.

Regards,
Jed R.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,726 Views)