From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Motion Control and Motor Drives

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESP300 and MFA-PPD translation stage

Hi all,

I'm trying to set the resolution for the MFA-PPD and Newport said the motor should automatically recognize the stage because it has a built in EEPROM.

It does recognize it but the resolution (after querying xxSU? or through the utility) tells me it is ~0.000484 mm. When I move the motor manually through the front panel of the ESP300, I can move it in steps of 0.00000757 mm (as the manual says). I'm worried that all the other settings are not correct so I called and asked Newport if they can give me a text file that can initialize the stages with its parameters. They said they don't have it and it should be able to recognize through the ESP300 automatically.

I usually generate the parameters using the wizard but the motor MFA-PP series do not show at all. I was wondering if anyone had a similar problem and was able to generate the parameters. Any help is appreciated and thanks in advance.

-Sam

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(5,505 Views)

I'm not familiar with that hardware. I assume that the stage is connected over serial, are you getting strange responses from any other queries?

John B.
Embedded Networks R&D
National Instruments
Certified LabVIEW Developer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(5,492 Views)

thanks for your reply. i actually got it figured out by calling newport. it is actually 1/64th of 0.000484.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(5,470 Views)