Motion Control and Motor Drives

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EPOS4 50/15 Brake Motor at Fault

Solved!
Go to solution

Can the EPOS4 50/15 be set to brake the motor when in a fault state or when an error is thrown?

Thanks for the help

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,658 Views)

Hey,

Are you using SoftMotion for your application? Also, what is the full setup you are working with?(drive, motor,etc).

Thanks,

-Brian J. 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,637 Views)

This question may not be appropriate to the NI forum. Since I'm unable to remove the question, I'll reply with any answers I find through Maxon channels. Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,627 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author kkaveny

Per Maxon:

1)
If a mechanical break is attached to the motor, EPOS4 can be configured, that the mechanical break is controlled by EPOS4. As soon EPOS4 will be disabled, the mechanical brake will be applied. But to have this option, the latest Firmware 0x0140 has to be downloaded into the device. Configuring can be done then with "EPOS Studio -> Tools -> I/0 Monitor".
2)
Depending on the Error function, it is possible to configure a certain behaviour in Error state (disable or runnout with ramp). You will find the corresponding Error table in the "EPOS4 Firmware Specification" in chapter 7.2 Device Errors. The document is located here:
C:\Program Files (x86)\maxon motor ag\EPOS Positioning Controller\EPOS4\04 Programming
In all cases marked with "f", you could decide, how the motors has to stop. The behaviour can be selected with Object 0x6054 (Fault reaction option code).

Message 4 of 4
(2,615 Views)