cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamixel motors control using Labview SDK

Solved!
Go to solution

Hi everyone,

I need to control 3 Dynamixel MX-64AR using Labview SDK. I already donwloaded the Dynamixel SDK file and found its Labview files. Then I did a reasearch on the net to follow all the steps in order to add the Dynamixel  Library in Labview. 

However, In the Labview folder of Dynamixel SDK, I find only the .dll file, but not the header file .h, and in order to add this library in Labview, we need both of them.

So, if anyone knows the complete steps that I should follow in order to control Dynamixel motors using Labview, help me please 

that picture shows what the Labview folder of Dynamixel SDK contains .Dynamixel Labview.png

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,971 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Crypps

Dear Crypps,

Where did you download the Dynamixel SDK from? I found this site:

Dynamixel SDK for Windows

Which according to their FAQ page, only DXL communication 1.0 works with LabVIEW.

Also, I am assuming that you are going through the steps in this article: LabVIEW: Dynamixel SDK, and are getting stuck at the point where you need to find the header file. When I downloaded the file from the first link, it looked different from your picture, and it also had a header file.

Regards,

Alyssa H.

National Instruments

Message 2 of 3
(2,931 Views)

Thank you for your help Alyssa.h, I  had the wrong DynamixelSDK folder, that's why I didn't found the header filer (.h)

Now I succeded to add the Dynamixel library in Labview.

Next step .... controlling the motors    Smiley Wink

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,924 Views)