Motion Control and Motor Drives

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do I have to use Motion control tool to control stepper motor?

Hi.
I want to control stepper motor with pulse generator card(PC-TIO-10). My system is consist of PC-TIO-10 pulse generator card, SS2000D6 driver,NEMA17 stepper motor, DAQ 6.5, and LabView 5.1. As you see, my system is only consist of DAQ and LabView whithout motion control tool. I think I don't need to use any motion control tool. Is this right? or can I use motion contol tool with my system? I'm a newb. Please let me know whether it is ok to use or not.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,990 Views)
It is entierly possible to control your stepper motor with just your counter board.

My question is, you you rather determin, how many pulses you need to send out, what rate to send them out, and what pulse specs these correspond to. Or would you just want to load a target possition and move?

And that's just a simple 1 axis move with no acceleration control and no blending between moves.

I think you get the point...choose wisely

Regards,
Amaury
NI Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,990 Views)
I appreciate for your response.

As I mentioned earlier, my system is consist of Nema 17 step motor, SLOSYN driver, labview5.1, PC-TIO-10 pulse generator,and NI-DAQ 6.9.3. With this system I want to meaure the strain and force. That means the carriage on the frame should move back and forward to give a extension of the material. So I guess this is 1 axis movement and I'm not sure about how many pulses I need and I need acceleration( I think I don't need either.)I don't think this is enough explain for you.
Anyway thank you again and if there is some solutions associated with this control, please let me know,also the example code of this.

Jeesang
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,990 Views)