Motion Control and Motor Drives

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Digital I/O Problems

I have a FlexMotion 7334 board with NI-Motion 6.0.1 and I am experiencing some digital i/o problems. After running my system in a loop for several hours, I unexplicably start having problems where my digital i/o starts functioning incorrectly (it does not detect something that is there). I was curious to know if there are any known issues with the digital i/o like will it freeze if the board is accessed too frequently or any issues like that. Please help. Thanx.
--firoz
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,721 Views)
Firoz, the DIO lines on the 7334 are static, not latching, so as you probably know a line must be constantly polled when you are trying to detect the change in the state of a TTL signal. This polling is software-timed and therefore influenced by software latency, increases in the PCI bus traffic, etc. Therefore if the duration of a pulse is too short, or if the DIO lines are not polled fast enough, you might miss a signal. Is it possible that this is part of the problem you are seeing?
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,721 Views)
I tracked down my problem to be that some of my calls to the flex motion board will return the following errors: NIMC_returnDataBufferNotEmptyError and NIMC_noRetunrDataBufferError. These error are causing my system to behave incorrectly. What could cause these errors to be returned? My system that calls the flexmotion board is multi-threaded. Could that be a cause?

--Firoz
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,721 Views)