Motion Control and Motor Drives

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DC motor closed loop control through labview using usb 6008

Hello

i am doing a project in which i want to control the speed of a DC motor (PID control) through labVIEW 2010. I am having a DC motor, a drive unit that regulates the voltage to the motor by getting analog voltage from 0 to 3.3V ( it can be used for both directions) and i also have a NI usb 6008 board. The problem is that i can't feed the usb 6008 with the digital signal from my hall effect speed sensor. Is it posible with this setup to control the motor?? I can also try to use the pulse as analog input and trasform the frequency into rpm's. Then i am thinking of generating an analog signal to feed the motor drive. If you have any further suggestion of a probably better hardware setup would be more than helpfull to me.

Sincerely

Jason Chaloulos

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(7,388 Views)

Hello Jason,

A quick search on our website give a few results that will help you, here's a great thread to start from:

PID - USB 6008

In there you will find other links to other posts as well.

Hope this helps!

Kind Regards,

Michael S.
Applications Engineer
NI UK & Ireland

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(7,305 Views)

Hello Michael

Thanks for the reply. I came across those topics before and all of them are trying to generate a PWM signal as output i want to use just an analog signal output so timing on the output is not that important i guess. i am struggling on getting the frequency from the digital input signal that my hall effect sensor generates. Since the maximum speed of the motor is 3000 rpm and with my tooth wheel the maximum  output frequency of the sensor will be 300Hz which i see its way less than the limitation of my ni board. Is there any tutorial documentation that might help me with this one ? Thank you in advance.

Kind regards

Jason

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(7,301 Views)

Hello Jason,

This should help:

Measure the Frequency of an Analog Signal using a Counter (LabVIEW)

Kind Regards,

Michael S.
Applications Engineer
NI UK & Ireland

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(7,298 Views)

Forgot to point out that your device only has 1 counter, so make sure you pick the right option from the drop down list for the Counter task.

counter config.png

Hope this helps,

Kind Regards,

Michael S.
Applications Engineer
NI UK & Ireland

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(7,295 Views)