Motion Control and Motor Drives

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Controlling a Stepper Motor Using LabVIEW

Hi,

I am trying to control a Step Motor (P/N 5014-820) with a 1240i Driver, both from Applied Motion Products, with a LabView VI (using version 8.6). I am a novice LabVIEW user, so any examples or tutorials that you could provide would be much appreciated. The motor and driver are going to be used to change the hyrdaulic resistance of a piston-cylinder arrangment. 

Thans

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(4,785 Views)
I used to work with Applied Motion products and Labview.  Here is a little example that uses SCL to do a basic move.  You can build on that to do what you want.
Message 2 of 4
(4,775 Views)
Okay, I will give that a try and let you know how it goes. Thanks for the help. I actually tested the motor and driver yesterday using just SCL commands (with the program from Applied Motions) to make sure it works. Now, I need to figure out how to have LabVIEW control the driver and prompt the motor to move. We'll see how it goes.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(4,754 Views)

Hello again

So I've been working with the program above and I am realizing that it is probably way too complex for what I need. Thus I am going to list the hardware and software that  I am using, as well as what I would like to accomplish. Hopefully someone can answer a few questions that I have at the end as well.

Okay, so I am acquiring signals with FlexiForce sensors (measure force, output voltage). I want to take the voltage (which is analog) and input it into my NI USB 6215 board so that I can use it in LV 8.6. In LV, I need to have these signals programmed so that they output when the voltage is over a certain value (i.e. 5V). Furthermore, when these signals output, they must be digital, andtravel to a 1240 i Applied Motions motor driver. This driver will then prompt a Step Motor (P/N 5014-820) to move.

Now for the questions:

1). How will I convert the signal from Analog to Digital to make it compatible with the motor driver?

2). Can I use DAQ assistants to acquire the signals in a LV program and then output them via the DAQ board?

Any examples of something similar to the above would be much appreciated. Thanks and let me know if any additional info is needed.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(4,633 Views)