From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Motion Control and Motor Drives

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Controlling a Linmot Linear Motor (B1100 Drive) Using Labview VI

I am using a Linmot Linear Motor/Actuator with a B1100PP drive. It is currently being controlled by a proprietary Linmot software called Linmot Talk. I would want to create a Labview VI which allows me to control the motor using that instead of the Linmot Talk software. The specific inputs which I would want to control are the current, voltage, motion profile, position, encoder feedback, gains, etc. Can I get some initial idea on how to approach this problem, for example, regarding the types of modules to be used for interfacing, example labview VIs etc. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,826 Views)

Hi beheradipankar1993,

That would depend on different factors: 

- What kind of signal/communication does the B1100PP drive accept? 

- What does the rest of your system look like? Are you using a cRIO and drive interface module? 

- Are you using NI-SoftMotion? 

Lastly, there are LabVIEW SoftMotion motor control examples in LabVIEW's Example Finder. I would recommend looking into those as examples, but I would focus on the system set up first. 

Angela L. 

National Instruments 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,775 Views)

Hi

as I am looking into the same issue: did you get it working? Thanks for an update.

MiC

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,543 Views)