From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Motion Control and Motor Drives

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Control Stepper Motor via DM452T Controller and Arduino

Hello,

I am working on a project to control a stepper motor via labview with arduino's help. I am not an expert in labview so I need some help with programming and if someone used the DM452T can tell me about its correct connections because to have fault connections I would be very grateful to you, guys. Thanks you in advance.

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,514 Views)

I was able to connect the driver and the stepper motor, I've controlled them via Arduino.

I was able to make a trial program for the stepper motor and it's working very good.

Right now I have a small issue, my project is very sensitive and accurate and I will need to know the exact distance that the motor move BUT when I run the program to make the stepper motor rotate for a full revolution, it rotates a full revolution and about 4-5 more steps with a certain speed that I cannot change. It's something like an initialization with the labview program for the stepper motors. This happened with me before while working with servo motors but it wasn't necessary to eliminate this error. I don't know if they have the same reason.

Can anyone help me to eliminate this few, please? I would be grateful.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,469 Views)

Here's a video to explain more of what's happening..

https://youtu.be/6mB-YB1ZRoc?t=20

and a screenshot for block diagram of the program

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,460 Views)