From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Motion Control and Motor Drives

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuring Encoders Counts per Revolution using a flexmotion function

Hello,

I am having a problem configuring a connected encoder in labview using the flexmotion function.

The setting:

I am building a labview vi I want to run on a computer with the connected hardware. But I may NOT have access to the machine to configure it with the "Measurement and Automation Explorer". The hardware may vary too, thus I have to detect and then configure it. I want my VI to set all necessary parameters before I start moving the hardware. I am pretty much done with this.

The problem:

I cannot find a way to configure the 'Encoder Counts per Revolution' as shown in picture 2. There is no function in the Motion menu as shown in picture 1. There does not seem to be a function in the FlexMotion32 library (shown in picture 3) to do this either.

I read through the FlexMotion Software Reference Manual (http://www.ni.com/pdf/manuals/321943b.pdf) and tried to find an answer in multiple forums but was unsuccessful.

The question:

Does anyone have an idea about a function in the FlexMotion32.dll that I could not find? Or any other way to configure the encoders within LabView?

I appreciate any ideas and thank you for taking your time reading this.

Best,

Frank.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(5,199 Views)

See attachment.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(5,178 Views)

Thank you very much. In my search I totally overlooked the dual functionality of the Counts/Steps VI. The only thing I can say is: Doh!

The help was very much appreciated.

Thanks again,

Frank.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(5,173 Views)