Motion Control and Motor Drives

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compax3 communication

Hi

We have a set of a Parker Compax3 controller C3S025V2F10I11T30M21 with a HMI XPR-PowerStation that works so far.

Now we need to make a spercial application that runs temporarely. Since I'm coding in LabView I wanted to make it through the RS232.

I've read several forum threads and found out that the controller needs to be setted for it. (I12T11) 

I guess this needs to be done by Parker themselves, or not?

If not, I already tried to establish communication with "hterm" and sent some commands. Unfortunately with no effects and feedback.

Of course the original program stored in the controller should run again once this temporary project is finished.

Any help and clarification would be great. Thank you

Yves

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,096 Views)

Hi Yves,

I looked into the Compax3 options and it's also not clear to me if RS232 control can be enabled for your drive or not. When I select the RS232 communication option on the Compax3 product page I can see a part number reflecting the I12T11 technology option so I guess these features can't be enabled by a setting but you need to make a decision when purchasing the device.

I'm not an expert for Compax drives, so my assumptions might be wrong. Please check with the vendor of the drive.

Jochen

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,012 Views)