From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Motion Control and Motor Drives

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cascaded Current Control

Hi There,

My questions is in regards to the use of a cascaded controller model where by the output of the velocity controller sets the setpoint of the current controller. What I do not understand about this is when velocity tracking and a disturbance is encountered the current controller aims to reduce the output voltage to maintain the current and the velocity controller aims to increase the output voltage (via the current controller) to maintain speed. Due the response of the system this causes an exaggerated tracking error when compared to direct velocity control. 

Is there something I am missing here? It would make more sense for the current controller to increase the current setpoint when the current measurement is increased.

Any guidance would be much appreciated. 

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,931 Views)

Hi there!

To get more context on this system, it would help to see the code, if you don't mind sharing.  Are you working from one of the LabVIEW project templates?

Trevor H.
Technical Support Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,905 Views)