Motion Control and Motor Drives

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can the EPOS controller be used with a potentiometer positional feedback?

I'm hoping to acquire speed control for a linear actuator but unfortunately it only comes with positional feedback via linear pot. Is there some way I can still use the EPOS2/24 controller with EPOS Studio to do everything it would be able to do if it were an encoder? 

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,476 Views)

Hi martinmm731,

What NI hardware are you using with this system? There may be some options using other feedback types depending on your NI hardware. However, if you are only using the Maxon platform, this forum may not be a good resource for you. 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,461 Views)

im just using labview to monitor data through the plc

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,458 Views)

@martinmm731 wrote:

I'm hoping to acquire speed control for a linear actuator but unfortunately it only comes with positional feedback via linear pot. Is there some way I can still use the EPOS2/24 controller with EPOS Studio to do everything it would be able to do if it were an encoder? 

Thanks!

I never tried it but it seems to be possible to use an analog input in Position and Velocity mode. Search "analog" in the Epos Studio html help and check the position and velocity modes. There are parameters called Analog Input Functionalities Execution Mask, Analog Position Setpoint Configuration and Analog Velocity Setpoint Configuration.

Ben64

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,451 Views)

Thanks for the response Ben64. I could not find any further information on what those functions actually mean or how I'd be able to use the position feedback from a linear potentiometer with that, could you maybe expand? I have not yet used the epos studio so I'm not so familiar with it, I just want to make sure it's possible to use with my hardware.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,441 Views)