From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Motion Control and Motor Drives

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Breakpoint Pin Axis Assignments PXI 7354

Hello,

I've had a customer dig a legacy project up from the dead and I am looking for a bit of information on the PXI-7354 / UMI 7774 combo with regards to Breakpoint

First I should say that the code is all working, I am just looking to tidy up some paperwork.

I am using (successfully) breakpoints on Axis 2.  I have to document a cable for the customer so they can order a spare, and I've found that the old connector configuration means that I used Breakpoint 2.  This isn't counter intuitive if BP1=Axis 1, BP2=Axis 2, etc. 

The problem is that I cannot find documentation anywhere that specifically defines this.

Furthermore, in the code (over 5 years since I've looked at it) the only BP configuration seems to be the Axis number, which then points to the Axis1=BP1, Axis2=BP2 etc.  But I'd love to find where this is explicitly defined for my peace of mind.

Anyone?

Wes

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wes Ramm, Cyth UK
CLD, CPLI
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(1,727 Views)