Minneapolis LabVIEW User Group

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Coding Challenge for 2Q18 Twin Cities LabVIEW User Group

Then coding challenge for the next Twin Cities LabVIEW User Group meeting deals with manipulation of strings.  It is based on the Word Find game.

The object of the Word Find game is to find words hidden within a matrix of random letters.  Download the attached zip file.  When you expand it, you will find a ReadMe file with more details, some VI's to generate the puzzle, and some sample data files.  

The object of the coding challenge is to write a VI that takes the list of words and the matrix of letters and finds the words in the letters.  As extra credit, create a GUI that would allow a human player to find the words.

As always with coding challenges, feel free to try novel solutions.  Part of the object of the exercise is to help the overall group learn LabVIEW.  Do as much or a little as you wish; from a minimal solution, to adding creative “bells and whistles”.  There will be time in the meeting to (optionally) present your solution to the group.

Steven C. Vetter
Certified LabVIEW Architect
President
Computer Solutions, LLC
Eagan, MN 55123
Message 1 of 8
(7,537 Views)

Hello Steve,

Very good, the more frequent coding challenges are interesting additions to the meetings. Do we have a date and location picked out for this gathering? I don't see one here or on the user group page.

Thanks,

Mark

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(7,358 Views)

Hi Mark,

Glad you are enjoying the coding challenges! Our next meeting will be held at 5pm on June 21st. As soon as our location confirms we will post a registration link to the community, and I will send out a newsletter update.

Thanks,

Will

Will
CLA, CLED, CTD, CPI
LabVIEW Champion
Choose Movement Consulting
choose-mc.com
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(7,324 Views)

Hi Will,

Sounds good, thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(7,303 Views)

Here's my solution from the 21st of June (attached)

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(7,170 Views)

Thanks, Joel! Excited to examine your work with the picture control.

Will
CLA, CLED, CTD, CPI
LabVIEW Champion
Choose Movement Consulting
choose-mc.com
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(7,162 Views)

Here is the code I worked up for the LabVIEW User Group.

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(7,142 Views)

Attached is my solution to the Word Find, in LabVIEW NXG. I've included all of the project files as well, including the conversion report from LabVIEW 2017 to LabVIEW NXG 2.1.

Tom

Tom Brass
Certified LabVIEW Architect
Saint Bernard Engineering, Inc.
www.saintbernardengineering.com
Message 8 of 8
(7,017 Views)