Mercurial User Group

This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.

Re: Getting Started with Mercurial in LabVIEW

Hi Andreas,

I'm stuck. I'm trying to install version 0.9.4.1 of the LVDIFF2 tool you've created, but I don't have the 2012 Runtime Library so the Setup process aborts. I can't install the 2012 RTL though, as it's installer refuses to install it, likely because I have the 2012 SP1 RTL installed.

Any chance there's a run-time agnostic version (uncompiled?) out there? I'm running LV 2016 currently, so presumably I could compile it myself.

Will the 0.9.3 version work without a specific runtime? I hate using older revisions though as I presume the newer version contains improvements and/or bug fixes.

Also, sorry to say, but the LabVIEWWIki.org site is gone, so most of your links are dead...

Thanks,

Erik

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 18
(1,181 Views)
Highlighted

Erik,

I also had trouble installing 0.9.4.  0.9.3 works for me though.  You'll want to install the 2011 RTE first.

Note that if you're on 64-bit windows, you will need to edit some paths in the mercurial.ini file (it's opened by the installer before it finishes).  Add the "(x86)" to Program Files folder names on two lines as shown:

ignore = C:\Program Files (x86)\lvdiff2\.hgignore
lvdiff.executable = C:\Program Files (x86)\lvdiff2\lvdiff2.exe

Note: only change the paths for lvdiff.  Should not be needed for LVMerge, unless you don’t have a 64-bit version of LabVIEW installed.

-Doug

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 18
(1,174 Views)

Can't install the latest verison because the installer requires to have LabVIEW 2012 installed (not just the RTE, the whole IDE...)

I installed version 0.9.3, it doesn't handle 32 bit LabVIEW on Windows 64bit.

Solution is :

- download the latest source code,

- compile the 2 EXEs as is,

- change the Install so that it doesn't require LabVIEW IDE,

- compile the Install

- Install it

Also, funny fact, if my LabVIEW.ini has "AllowMultipleInstances=True", launching a diff crashes the currently opened LabVIEW IDE and opens a new instances in which the diff is done fine.

I set AllowMultipleInstances=False" and then it works.

I have LabVIEW 2018 Sp1 32 bit on Windows 10 64 bit

We have two ears and one mouth so that we can listen twice as much as we speak.

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

Message 13 of 18
(437 Views)

Hi Antoine,

Would you mind sharing the source code you modified here so that everybody suing the same configurations as you could use it ? :-)

Thanks !

CLA, CTA

View Cyril Gambini's profile on LinkedIn
0 Kudos
Message 14 of 18
(433 Views)

I was going to and then I thought I should go to fast because I'm running LV 2018 so if I push my version to the repo only those who use LV 2018 will be able to use.

So it's probably best if I create a branch with my version. Sounds right?

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 18
(431 Views)

Seems right to me !

Otherwise, IMO,  an unofficial zip file directly in this thread would also be a solution...

CLA, CTA

View Cyril Gambini's profile on LinkedIn
0 Kudos
Message 16 of 18
(424 Views)

Actually... you're right, a zip here is just easier.

Here is a zip containing an installer built with LV2018 SP1 32bit, the installer does not include the LV RTE, just to keep it small.

I'll ask a colleague to test it on his computer before I push my branch to the repo.

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

Message 17 of 18
(421 Views)

My branch is ready to push but I don't have the access rights to the repo to push or commit...

If anyone wants the source code, just ask.

Epictetus

Antoine Chalons

Message 18 of 18
(406 Views)
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.