Mercurial User Group

This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.

Re: Getting Started with Mercurial in LabVIEW

Hi Andreas,

I'm stuck. I'm trying to install version 0.9.4.1 of the LVDIFF2 tool you've created, but I don't have the 2012 Runtime Library so the Setup process aborts. I can't install the 2012 RTL though, as it's installer refuses to install it, likely because I have the 2012 SP1 RTL installed.

Any chance there's a run-time agnostic version (uncompiled?) out there? I'm running LV 2016 currently, so presumably I could compile it myself.

Will the 0.9.3 version work without a specific runtime? I hate using older revisions though as I presume the newer version contains improvements and/or bug fixes.

Also, sorry to say, but the LabVIEWWIki.org site is gone, so most of your links are dead...

Thanks,

Erik

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 12
(601 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Getting Started with Mercurial in LabVIEW

Erik,

I also had trouble installing 0.9.4.  0.9.3 works for me though.  You'll want to install the 2011 RTE first.

Note that if you're on 64-bit windows, you will need to edit some paths in the mercurial.ini file (it's opened by the installer before it finishes).  Add the "(x86)" to Program Files folder names on two lines as shown:

ignore = C:\Program Files (x86)\lvdiff2\.hgignore
lvdiff.executable = C:\Program Files (x86)\lvdiff2\lvdiff2.exe

Note: only change the paths for lvdiff.  Should not be needed for LVMerge, unless you don’t have a 64-bit version of LabVIEW installed.

-Doug

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 12
(594 Views)
This is an open group. Sign in and click the "Join Group" button to become a group member and start posting.