Measurement Studio for VC++

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

use labview dll in visual studio

Hi, all,

Questions:

I want to control Microsoft Visual Studio to use the dll which generated from labview. I have some problems here. I use labview 2017 and visual studio 2015.

I create a test project and I create a math.vi to do mathematics addition. Then I use Build Specifications under project to create shared library.

I create a win32 console application in visual studio and create a math project.

project -> properties -> configuration properties -> vc++ directories -> include directories: C:\Program Files\National Instruments\LabVIEW 2017\cintools was added

move SharedLib.lib to ...\Visual Studio 2015\Projects\math\math

project -> properties -> configuration properties -> vc++ directories -> library directories: Visual Studio 2015\Projects\math\math was added

project -> properties -> configuration properties -> Linker -> Input -> Addtional Dependencies: SharedLib.lib was added

move the ShareLib. h to ...\Visual Studio 2015\Projects\math\math and add it from header files in solution 'math'

3. motify the math.cpp file

#include "stdafx.h"
#include "SharedLib.h"

int main()
{
double k = Math(3.2, 4.5);
return 0;
}

It could successfully compiled by visual studio and then I move the dll file under ...\Visual Studio 2015\Projects\math\math.

But, when I build it, it give me the following error:

Warning LNK4272 library machine type 'x64' conflicts with target machine type 'X86' math D:\Wenxu Documents\My Documents\Visual Studio 2015\Projects\math\math\SharedLib.lib 1 
Error LNK2019 unresolved external symbol _Math referenced in function _main math d:\wenxu documents\my documents\visual studio 2015\Projects\math\math\math.obj 1 
Error LNK1120 1 unresolved externals math d:\wenxu documents\my documents\visual studio 2015\Projects\math\Debug\math.exe 1 

All files are attached. I am pretty new to labview. Thanks for your help very much! I was confused on it for a couple days. I appreciate a lot if you could give me some hints.

Best

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,480 Views)

I noticed you are getting Warning LNK4272 library machine type 'x64' conflicts with target machine type 'X86'

Are you creating this DLL in LabVIEW 32-bit or 64-bit? Also, what operating system are you using?

Message 2 of 4
(3,417 Views)

Thanks for your reply!

I use Labview 64-bit. My operating system is window 7 64-bit.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,414 Views)

Thanks a lot!

After I redo everything on labview 32. It works!

Message 4 of 4
(3,410 Views)