Measurement Studio for VC++

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why do I get Math Exception Error - the underlying analysis dll was not found

I can find this question in the list, but the answer is about .NET.

I am only using MFC on MS2010. Anybody know which dll I should include?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(6,421 Views)

Hey RickExtreme,

There are others that have had similar issues.

Try including mkl.msm, nianlys.msm, niMetaUtils.msm, Microsoft_VC90_ATL_x86.msm, Microsoft_VC90_CRT_x86.msm, and Microsoft_VC90_MFC_x86.msm. You can find the files you need to include by opening the Measurement Studio help and going to Deploying Applications>Merge Modules and Deployment Files>(Legacy) Visual C++ Merge Modules.

Good luck!

Regards,
Jake G.
National Instruments
Applications Engineer
Message 2 of 5
(6,412 Views)

Hello Rick -

My guess is that you've only installed the MFC 2010 support, but not run through the actual MStudio installer.  The following instructions come from the "Installing C++ MFC Legacy Support if Measurement Studio 2009 Visual C++ MFC Support for Visual Studio 2008 or Measurement Studio 2009 Visual C++ MFC Support for Visual Studio 2005 Is Not Installed" section of the MFC 2010 support readme.  Please make sure you've followed these instructions, I think it should resolve the errors you're seeing.

Complete the following steps to install C++ MFC Legacy Support on a machine that does not already have Measurement Studio 2009 Visual C++ MFC Support for Visual Studio 2008 or Measurement Studio 2009 Visual C++ MFC Support for Visual Studio 2005 installed:

1. Log on as Administrator or as a user with administrator privileges.
    2. Install Measurement Studio 2010 or later .NET support for Visual Studio 2010. You can perform a minimal installation—de-select Help, Examples, Visual Studio Integration, Additional Features, and Device Drivers from the installer feature tree. This installs the underlying dependencies required by the Analysis and DataSocket Visual C++ MFC class libraries.
    3. Double-click the MStudioVS2010CppLegacyR2 self-extracting .exe file.
    4. Enter the password provided in the email you received from National Instruments validating your use of this product and click OK. The file automatically extracts to Program Files\National Instruments\MeasurementStudioVS2010\VCNET on a 32-bit operating system or Program Files (x86)\National Instruments\MeasurementStudioVS2010\VCNET on a 64-bit operating system.
    5. Navigate to the NIACTIVEX folder within the extracted VCNET directory and double-click setup.exe to run the NI Measurement Studio ActiveX Control Installer. Follow the instructions that appear on the screen. You can use the same serial number for this installer that you used to activate Measurement Studio 2010 or later. This installs underlying dependencies required by the User Interface and 3D Graph class libraries. The R2 version includes an updated NI Measurement Studio ActiveX Control Installer; National Instruments recommends using the latest version of this installer.

NickB

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(6,409 Views)

Thank you so much for both your answers.

Sorry I did not mention, it is running ok on my developing machine, it is only has problem when I distribute them on Windows XP(developing machine is on Win7).

I will try both your suggestion. and reply result back.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(6,394 Views)

Yes I include those msm files, it fixed this issue. Thank you guys so much.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(6,392 Views)