Measurement Studio for VC++

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visual Studio 2010 / 2012

Hi,

We purchased an old version of Measurement Studio around 10 years ago and used the active X controls in our VC6 application. We're now upgrading the application to the  Visual Studio 2010 C++ compiler. Will the same controls still work? We've noticed that they won't work in .NET but will they work in C++?

Thanks

Liam

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(6,280 Views)

Hi LOGradaigh

Sorry for the delay in responding to your question.

Could you please specify the exact version that you are running? I think the easiest way to answer this will be to test whether or not it works.

Kind Regards

Chris | Applications Engineer NIUK
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(6,249 Views)

Hi Chris,

We're using V6.0.3.589 of CWUI.OCX and CWANALYSIS.OCX. I think the Measurement Studio version is V6.0.

We're only using these active X controls from Measurement Studio. They currently work in VB6 and VC6 C++. Now we're upgrading to VS 2010 MFC C++ and want to know if these controls will still work. Or do we have to upgrade to a .NET version?

Is VS2010 C++ MFC supported or is it legacy?

Thanks

Liam

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(6,243 Views)

Hi

I tried to install Measurement Studio 6.0 on my machine with only VS2010 installed and was unable to. I got the following error message:

Measurement Studio 6.0 message

I would conclude from this that VC++ 2010 will not support the Measurement Studio 6.0 ActiveX controls.

VS2010 C++ MFC is now considered legacy. The information at the bottom of this NI page indicates that it is possible upon request, however we recommend that you migrate to .NET with any new Measurement Studio Purchase.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(6,232 Views)

Hi Chris,

Our environment will be VS 2010 C++ MFC. What version of Measurement Studio can I use? Will the .NET version work in C++?

Thanks

Liam

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(6,230 Views)

Hi

Support for Visual Studio C++ MFC is considered legacy and has to be specifically requested: MFC support

As to whether or not the .NET version will work in C++, I think it's best to try it out!

I'm going to download the evaluation evaluation from here and see if I can get it to cooperate with VS2010 C++, how would you be testing this yourself? Do you have any example code that you were using with VC6? Any specific methods or functions you'd be interested in knowing worked?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(6,221 Views)